- Abinadab used 13 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
Father of nobleness; i.e., "noble."
1. A Levite of Kirjath-jearim, in whose house the ark of the covenant was deposited after having been brought back from the land of the Philistines (1 Samuel 7:1). It remained there twenty years, till it was at length removed by David (1 Samuel 7:1, 2; 1 Chronicles 13:7).
4. One of Solomon's officers, who "provided victuals for the king and his household." He presided, for this purpose, over the district of Dor (1 Kings 4:11).
father of a vow, or of willingness
4. Father of one of Solomon's purveyors, called Ben-abinadab
1 Kings 4:11
- A Levite, a native of Kirjath-jearim, in whose house the ark remained 20 years. (1 Samuel 7:1,2; 1 Chronicles 13:7) (B.C. 1124.)
- Second son of Jesse, who followed Saul to his war against the Philistines, (1 Samuel 16:8; 17:13) (B.C. 1063.)
- A son of Saul, who was slain with his brothers at the fatal battle on Mount Gilboa. (1 Samuel 31:2) (B.C. 1053.)
- Father of one of the twelve chief officers of Solomon. (1 Kings 4:11) (B.C. before 1014.)