- Bible Reference: Joshua 18:13
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: No
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: No
1. A city east of Jordan, not far from Gilead (Numbers 32:3).
3. "Ataroth, the house of Joab" (1 Chronicles 2:54), a town of Judah inhabited by the descendants of Caleb.
Called also Atroth.
3. A city of Judah, called Atroth-beth-joab
1 Chronicles 2:54
4. A city of Gad
- One of the towns in the "land of Jazer and land of Gilead," (Numbers 32:3) east of the Jordan, taken and built by the tribe of Gad. (Numbers 32:34)
- A place on the (south?) boundary of Ephraim and Manasseh. (Joshua 16:2,7) It is impossible to say whether Ataroth is or is not the same place as
- ATAROTH-ADAR, or -ADDAR, on the west border of Benjamin, "near the 'mountain' that is on the south side of the nether Beth-horon." (Joshua 16:5; 18:13) Perhaps the modern Atara, six miles northeast of Bethel.
- "ATAROTH, THE HOUSE OF JOAB," a place(?) occurring in the list of the descendants of Judah. (1 Chronicles 2:54)
Called also Atarothaddar.
crowns of power