- Bera used once.
- Bible Reference: Genesis 14:2
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H1298 Used 1 time
Gift, or son of evil, king of Sodom at the time of the invasion of the four kings under Chedorlaomer (Genesis 14:2, 8, 17, 21).
a well; declaring
King of Sodom.
- A city of Macedonia, mentioned in (Acts 17:10,13) It is now called Verria or Kara-Verria , and is situated on the eastern slope of the Olympian mountain range, and has 15,000 or 20,000 inhabitants.
- The modern Aleppo , mentioned in 2 Macc. 13.4.
- A place in Judea, apparently not very far from Jerusalem. 1 Macc. 9.4.
1. A valley not far from Engedi, where Jehoshaphat overthrew the Moabites and Ammonites (2 Chronicles 20:26). It has been identified with the valley of Bereikut. (R.V., "Beracah.")
2. One of the Benjamite warriors, Saul's brethren, who joined David when at Ziklag (1 Chronicles 12:3).
blessing; bending the knee
1. An Israelite, who joined David at Ziklag
1 Chronicles 12:3
2. A valley in the south of Judah, where the Israelites blessed the Lord for a victory
2 Chronicles 20:26
(blessing), a Benjamite who attached himself to David at Ziklag. (1 Chronicles 12:3) (B.C. 1054.)
a valley in which Jehoshaphat and his people assembled to "bless" Jehovah after the overthrow of the hosts of Moabites. (2 Chronicles 20:26) It is now called Bereikut , and lies between Tekua and the main road from Bethlehem to Hebron.
speaking well of the Lord
the choosing of the Lord
Son of Shimhi.
1 Chronicles 8:21
(created by Jehovah), son of Shimhi, a chief man of Benjamin. (1 Chronicles 8:21)
BERA'IN, verb transitive To rain upon. [Not in use.]
BERA'TE, verb transitive [be and rate.] To chide vehemently; to scold.
BERAT'TLE, verb transitive [be and rattle.] To fill with rattling sounds or noise.
BERA'Y, verb transitive To make foul; to soil. [Not in use.]