same as Elijah
See Elijah, 1
the Greek form of Elijah.
the Lord increaseth
2. Son of Lael
Whom God will restore.
1. A priest, head of one of the courses of the priests of the time of David (1 Chronicles 24:12).
2. A high priest in the time of Ezra and Nehemiah (Neh. 12:22, 23). He rebuilt the eastern city wall (3:1), his own mansion being in that quarter, on the ridge Ophel (3:20, 21). His indulgence of Tobiah the Ammonite provoked the indignation of Nehemiah (13:4, 7).
the God of conversion
1. A priest
1 Chronicles 24:12
4. Son of Elioenai
1 Chronicles 3:24
(whom God restores).
- A priest in the time of King David eleventh in the order of the "governors" of the sanctuary. (1 Chronicles 24:12)
- One of the latest descendants of the royal family of Judah. (1 Chronicles 3:24)
- High priest at Jerusalem at the time of the rebuilding of the walls under Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 3:1,20,21) (B.C. 446.)
- A singer in the time of Ezra who had married a foreign wife. (Ezra 10:24)
- A son of Zattu, (Ezra 10:27) and
- A son of Bani, (Ezra 10:36) both of whom had transgressed in the same manner. (B.C. 458.)