- Uriel used 4 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H222 Used 4 times
God is my light.
1. A Levite of the family of Kohath (1 Chronicles 6:24).
2. The chief of the Kohathites at the time when the ark was brought up to Jerusalem (1 Chronicles 15:5, 11).
3. The father of Michaiah, one of Rehoboam's wives, and mother of Abijah (2 Chronicles 13:2).
same as Uriah
1. A Levite, son of Tahath
1 Chronicles 6:24
3. Grandfather of King Abijah
2 Chronicles 13:2
1. (the fire of God), an angel named only in 2 Esdr. 4.1,36; 5.20; 10.28.
- A Kohathite Levite, son of Tahath. (1 Chronicles 6:24)
- Chief of the Kohathites in the reign of David. (1 Chronicles 15:5,11) (B.C. 1043.)
- Uriel of Gibeah was the father of Maachah or Michaiah the favorite wife of Rehoboam and mother of Abijah. (2 Chronicles 13:2) (B.C. before 973.) In (2 Chronicles 11:20) she is called "Maachah the daughter of Absalom." Probably her mother, Tamer, was the daughter of Absalom.
3. one of the towns of the allotment of Simeon, (Joshua 19:2) probably the same as Shema. (Joshua 15:26)
4. a city "in the district near the wilderness" to which our Lord retired with his disciples when threatened with violence by the priests. (John 11:54)