- Bible Reference: James 3:15
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G1141 Used 1 time
1. Partaking of the qualities of the devil; diabolical; very evil and mischievous; malicious; as a devilish scheme; devilish wickedness.
2. Having communication with the devil; pertaining to the devil.
3. Excessive; enormous; in a vulgar and ludicrous sense; as a devilish cheat.
1. In a manner suiting the devil; diabolically; wickedly.
2. Greatly; excessively; in a vulgar sense.
DEVILISHNESS, noun The qualities of the devil.