- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H529 Used 3 times
- H530 Used 3 times
- H539 Used 20 times
- H540 Used 1 time
- H571 Used 1 time
- G4103 Used 53 times
As a designation of Christians, means full of faith, trustful, and not simply trustworthy (Acts 10:45; 16:1; 2 Corinthians 6:15; Colossians 1:2; 1 Timothy 4:3, 12; 5:16; 6:2; Titus 1:6; Ephesians 1:1; 1 Corinthians 4:17, etc.).
1. Firm in adherence to the truth and to the duties of religion.
Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. Revelation 2:10.
2. Firmly adhering to duty; of true fidelity; loyal; true to allegiance; as a faithful subject.
3. constant in the performance of duties or services; exact in attending to commands; as a faithful servant.
4. Observant of compact, treaties, contracts, vows or other engagements; true to one's word. A government should be faithful to its treaties; individuals, to their word.
5. True; exact; in conformity to the letter and spirit; as a faithful execution of a will.
6. True to the marriage covenant; as a faithful wife or husband.
7. Conformable to truth; as a faithful narrative or representation.
8. Constant; not fickle; as a faithful lover or friend.
9. True; worthy of belief. 2 Timothy 2:2.
1. In a faithful manner; with good faith.
2. With strict adherence to allegiance and duty; applied to subjects.
3. With strict observance of promises, vows, covenants or duties; without failure of performance; honestly; exactly. The treaty or contract was faithfully executed.
4. Sincerely; with strong assurances; he faithfully promised.
5. Honestly; truly; without defect, fraud, trick or ambiguity. The battle was faithfully described or represented.
They suppose the nature of things to be faithfully signified by their names.
6. Confidently; steadily.
Psalms 12:1; Psalms 31:23; Proverbs 20:6; Proverbs 28:20; Matthew 10:22; Matthew 24:45-47; Luke 12:42-44; Matthew 25:14-23; Luke 19:12-27; Luke 16:10-12; 1 Corinthians 4:2; Revelation 2:10
Obedience, Enjoined; Perseverance; Minister, A Sacred Teacher, Faithful; Reproof, Faithfulness in
2 Samuel 22:22-25
2 Chronicles 13:4-20
2 Chronicles 20:1-30
God, Faithfulness of
1. Fidelity; loyalty; firm adherence to allegiance and duty; as the faithfulness of a subject.
2. Truth; veracity; as the faithfulness of God.
3. Strict adherence to injunctions, and to the duties of a station; as the faithfulness of servants or ministers.
4. Strict performance of promises, vows or covenants; constancy in affection; as the faithfulness of a husband or wife.