- Bible Reference: Genesis 18:32
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: No
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: No
TEN, adjective [Latin decem.]
1. Twice five; nine and one.
With twice ten sail I cross'd the Phrygian sea.
2. It is a kind of proverbial number.
There's a proud modesty in merit,
Averse to begging, and resolv'd to pay
TEN times the gift it asks.
The meaning in this use is, a great deal more, indefinitely.