- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G225 Used 1 time
Used in various senses in Scripture. In Proverbs 12:17, 19, it denotes that which is opposed to falsehood. In Isaiah 59:14, 15, Jeremiah 7:28, it means fidelity or truthfulness. The doctrine of Christ is called "the truth of the gospel" (Galatians 2:5), "the truth" (2 Timothy 3:7; 4:4). Our Lord says of himself, "I am the way, and the truth" (John 14:6).
Keep religious feasts with truth
1 Corinthians 5:8
Esteem truth as inestimable
Rejoice in truth
1 Corinthians 13:6
Execute judgment with truth
Meditate upon truth
Bind truth about the neck
Write truth upon the tables of the heart
The fruit of the Spirit is in truth
Teach in truth
1 Timothy 2:7
Approve themselves by truth
2 Corinthians 6:7-8
Magistrates should be men of truth
Kings are preserved by truth
They who speak truth:
Show forth righteousness
Are the delight of God
Are destitute of truth
Speak not truth
Uphold not truth
Plead not for truth
Are not valiant for truth
The gospel as truth, came by Christ
Truth is in Christ
1 Timothy 2:7
John bore witness to the truth
Truth is according to godliness
Truth is purifying
1 Peter 1:22
Truth is part of the Christian armor
Truth is revealed abundantly to saints
Truth abides continually with saints
2 John 1:2
Should be acknowledged
2 Timothy 2:25
Should be loved
2 Thessalonians 2:10
Should be manifested
2 Corinthians 4:2
Should be rightly divided
2 Timothy 2:15
The wicked turn away from truth
2 Timothy 4:4
The wicked resist truth
2 Timothy 3:8
The wicked destitute of truth
1 Timothy 6:5
The church is the pillar and ground of truth
1 Timothy 3:15
The devil is devoid of truth
Truth of God:
He keeps, forever
Enduring to all generations
Exhibited in His:
Fulfillment of promises in Christ
2 Corinthians 1:20
Fulfillment of His covenant
Dealings with saints
Deliverance of saints
Punishment of the wicked
Is a shield and buckler to saints
Plead in prayer
Pray for its manifestation to ourselves
2 Chronicles 6:17
Pray for its exhibition to others
2 Samuel 2:6
Make known, to others
Is denied by:
1 John 1:10
1 John 5:10
Unclassified scriptures relating to truth
Exodus 34:6; Deuteronomy 32:4; Psalms 31:5; Psalms 33:4; Psalms 40:10; Psalms 51:6; Psalms 57:3; Psalms 57:10; Psalms 85:10-11; Psalms 86:15; Psalms 89:14; Psalms 96:13; Psalms 98:3; Psalms 100:5; Psalms 108:4; Proverbs 12:19; Proverbs 16:13; Isaiah 25:1; Isaiah 59:14-15; Isaiah 65:16; Jeremiah 5:3; Daniel 4:37; Daniel 10:21; Micah 7:20; John 1:14; John 8:31-32; John 14:6; John 14:17; John 16:13; John 17:17; John 17:19; John 18:37-38; Romans 2:2
1. Conformity to fact or reality; exact accordance with that which is, or has been, or shall be. The truth of history constitutes its whole value. We rely on the truth of the scriptural prophecies.
My mouth shall speak truth Proverbs 8:7.
Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is truth John 17:17.
2. True state of facts or things. The duty of a court of justice is to discover the truth Witnesses are sworn to declare the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth
3. Conformity of words to thoughts, which is called moral truth
Shall truth fail to keep her word?
4. Veracity; purity from falsehood; practice of speaking truth; habitual disposition to speak truth; as when we say, a man is a man of truth
5. Correct opinion.
6. Fidelity; constancy.
The thoughts of past pleasure and truth
7. Honesty; virtue.
It must appear
That malice bears down truth
8. Exactness; conformity to rule.
Plows, to go true, depend much on the truth of the iron work. [Not in use.]
9. Real fact of just principle; real state of things. There are innumerable truths with which we are not acquainted.
God is a spirit, and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth John 4:23.
11. The truth of God, is his veracity and faithfulness. Psalms 71:22.
Or his revealed will.
I have walked in thy truth Psalms 26:3.
12. Jesus Christ is called the truth John 14.
13. It is sometimes used by way of concession.
She said, truth Lord; yet the dogs eat of the crums-- Matthew 15:27.
That is, it is a truth; what you have said, I admit to be true.
In truth in reality; in fact.
Of a truth in reality; certainly.
To do truth is to practice what God commands. John 3.
TRUTHFUL, adjective Full of truth.
TRUTHLESS, adjective Wanting truth; wanting reality.