Greek - English Dictionary
G4613 - Simon
|Word Origin:||Of Hebrew origin [H8095]|
|Bible Usage:||Simon. Compare G4826 .|
|Part of Speech:||Noun Masculine|
Simon (that is Shimon) the name of nine Israelites
Peter = "a rock or stone"
1. Peter was one of the apostles
2. Simon called Zelotes or the Kanaites
3. Simon, father of Judas who betrayed Jesus.
4. Simon Magus, the Samaritan wizard
5. Simon the tanner, Ac.
6. Simon the Pharisee, Luke 7:40-
7. Simon of Cyrene who carried the cross of Christ
8. Simon the cousin of Jesus, the son of Cleophas
9. Simon the leper, so called to distinguish him from others of the same name
Simon ( 75 )
by James Strong (S.T.D.) (LL.D.) 1890.