Greek - English Dictionary
G3137 - Mary
|Word Origin:||Of Hebrew origin [H4813]|
|Part of Speech:||Noun Feminine|
Maria or Mariam (that is Mirjam) the name of six Christian females
Mary or Miriam = "their rebellion"
1. Mary the mother of Jesus
2. Mary Magdalene, a women from Magdala
3. Mary, the sister of Lazarus and Martha
4. Mary of Cleophas the mother of James the less
5. Mary the mother of John Mark, a sister of Barnabas
6. Mary, a Roman Christian who is greeted by Paul in Rom. 16:6
Mary ( 54 )
by James Strong (S.T.D.) (LL.D.) 1890.