- Baalah used 5 times.
- First Reference: Joshua 15:9
- Last Reference: 1 Chronicles 13:6
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
1. A city in the south of Judah (Joshua 15:29), elsewhere called Balah (Joshua 19:3) and Bilhah (1 Chronicles 4:29). Now Khurbet Zebalah.
2. A city on the northern border of the tribe of Judah (Joshua 15:10), called also Kirjath-jearim, q.v. (15:9; 1 Chronicles 13:6), now Kuriet-el-Enab, or as some think, Erma.
3. A mountain on the north-western boundary of Judah and Dan (Joshua 15:11).
her idol; she that is governed or subdued; a spouse
1. A city in the south of Judah
Apparently identical with Balah
Apparently identical with Bilhah
1 Chronicles 4:29
2. A city in the north of Judah called also Kirjath-Jearim
3. A mountain in Judah
Probably identical with Mount Jearim
[BAAL, NO. 2]