- Jeshaiah used 5 times.
- First Reference: 1 Chronicles 25:3
- Last Reference: Ezra 8:19
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H3470 Used 5 times
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Deliverance of Jehovah.
1. A Kohathite Levite, the father of Joram, of the family of Eliezer (1 Chronicles 26:25); called also Isshiah (24:21).
2. One of the sons of Jeduthum (1 Chronicles 25:3, 15).
3. One of the three sons of Hananiah (1 Chronicles 3:21).
4. Son of Athaliah (Ezra 8:7).
5. A Levite of the family of Merari (8:19).
Smith's Bible Dictionary
(salvation of Jehovah).
- One of the six sons of Jeduthun. (1 Chronicles 25:3,15) (B.C. 1014.)
- A Levite in the reign of David, eldest son of Rehabiah, a descendant of Amram through Moses. (1 Chronicles 26:25) [ISSHIAH] (B.C. before 1014.)
- The son of Athaliah, and chief of the house of Bene-Elam who returned with Ezra. (Ezra 8:7) [JOSIAS] (B.C. 459.)
- A Merarite who returned with Ezra. (Ezra 8:19)