- subtilty used 6 times.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
SUB'TILTY, noun [Latin subtilitas.]
1. Thinness; fineness; exility; in a physical sense; as the subtilty of air or light; the subtilty of sounds.
2. Refinement; extreme acuteness.
Intelligible discourses are spoiled by too much subtilty in nice divisions.
3. Slyness in design; cunning; artifice; usually but less properly written subtlety.