- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H5820 Used 8 times
Strong as death.
1. One of David's thirty warriors (2 Samuel 23:31).
2. An overseer over the royal treasury in the time of David and Solomon (1 Chronicles 27:25).
strong death; a he-goat
3. Son of Adiel
1 Chronicles 27:25
4. A village of Judah or Benjamin
1. (strong unto death).
- One of David's mighty men, a native of Bahurim, (2 Samuel 23:31; 1 Chronicles 11:33) and therefore probably a Benjamite. (B.C. 1060).
- A descendant of Mephibosheth, or Merib-baal. (1 Chronicles 8:36; 9:42)
- The father of Jeziel and Pelet, two of the skilled Benjamite slingers and archers who joined David at Ziklag (1 Chronicles 10:3) perhaps identical with No. 1.
- Overseer of the royal treasures in the reign of David. (1 Chronicles 27:25)
2. a place to all appearance in Benjamin, being named with other towns belonging to that tribe. (Ezra 2:24) The name elsewhere occurs as BETH-AZMAVETH.
3. a city on the Jordan, "beside Zaretan," in the time of Joshua. (Joshua 3:16)