- Gemariah used 5 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H1587 Used 5 times
Jehovah has made perfect.
1. The son of Shaphan, and one of the Levites of the temple in the time of Jehoiakim (Jeremiah 36:10; 2 Kings 22:12). Baruch read aloud to the people from Gemariah's chamber, and again in the hearing of Gemariah and other scribes, the prophecies of Jeremiah (Jeremiah 36:11-20), which filled him with terror. He joined with others in entreating the king not to destroy the roll of the prophecies which Baruch had read (21-25).
2. The son of Hilkiah, who accompanied Shaphan with the tribute-money from Zedekiah to Nebuchadnezzar, and was the bearer at the same time of a letter from Jeremiah to the Jewish captives at Babylon (Jeremiah 29:3, 4).
accomplishment or perfection of the Lord
2. An ambassador of Zedekiah to Nebuchadnezzar
(perfected by Jehovah).
- Son of Shaphan the scribe, and father of Michaiah. He was one of the nobles of Judah, and had a chamber int he house of the Lord, from which Baruch read Jeremiah's alarming prophecy in the ears of all the people, B.C. 606. (Jeremiah 36:1) ...
- Son of Hilkiah, was made the bearer of Jeremiah's letter to the captive Jews. (Jeremiah 29:3) (B.C. 594.)