- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H2660 Used 9 times
A well or stream.
1. A royal city of the Canaanites taken by Joshua (12:17).
3. The second son of Asher (1 Chronicles 4:6).
4. One of David's heroes (1 Chronicles 11:36).
2. Son of Naarah
1 Chronicles 4:6
3. One of David's heroes
1 Chronicles 11:36
1. (a well).
- The youngest of the sons of Gilead, (Numbers 26:32) and head of the family of the Hepherites. (B.C. before 1450.)
- Son of Ashur, the "father of Tekoa." (1 Chronicles 4:6) (B.C. about 1445.)
- The Mecherathite, one of the heroes of David's guard. (1 Chronicles 11:36) (B.C. 1046.)
2. a place in ancient Canaan which occurs in the lists of conquered kings. (Joshua 12:17) It was on the west of Jordan. Comp. (Joshua 12:7) and 1 Kings 4:10
3. In "Baal-hazor which is by Ephraim" was Absalom's sheepfarm, at which took place the murder of Amnon, one of the earliest precursors of the great revolt. (2 Samuel 13:23) There is no clue to its situation.
4. a city "in the district near the wilderness" to which our Lord retired with his disciples when threatened with violence by the priests. (John 11:54)
the family of Hepher the son of Gilead. (Numbers 26:32)