- Hosah used 5 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H2621 Used 5 times
1. A place on the border of the tribe of Asher (Joshua 19:29), a little to the south of Zidon.
2. A Levite of the family of Merari (1 Chronicles 16:38).
1. (refuge), a city of Asher, (Joshua 19:29) The next landmark on the boundary to Tyre.
2. a Merarite Levite, chosen by David to be one of the first doorkeepers to the ark after its arrival in Jerusalem. (1 Chronicles 16:38) (B.C. 1014.)
3. In "Baal-hazor which is by Ephraim" was Absalom's sheepfarm, at which took place the murder of Amnon, one of the earliest precursors of the great revolt. (2 Samuel 13:23) There is no clue to its situation.
4. a city "in the district near the wilderness" to which our Lord retired with his disciples when threatened with violence by the priests. (John 11:54)