- Jerahmeel used 8 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H3396 Used 8 times
1. The son of Hezron, the brother of Caleb (1 Chronicles 2:9, 25, 26, etc.).
2. The son of Kish, a Levite (1 Chronicles 24:29).
3. Son of Hammelech (Jeremiah 36:26).
the mercy, or the beloved, of God
1. Son of Hezron
1 Chronicles 2:9
2. Son of Kish
1 Chronicles 24:29
3. An officer of Jehoiakim, king of Judah
(mercy of God).
- First-born son of hezron, the son of Pharez, the son of Judah, (1 Chronicles 2:9,25-27,33,42) and founder of the family of Jerahmeelites. (1 Samuel 27:10) (B.C. before 1491.)
- A Merarite Levite, the representative of the family of Kish, the son of Mahli. (1 Chronicles 24:29) comp. 1 Chronicles 23:21 (B.C. 1014.)
- Son of Hammelech, who was employed by Jehoiakim to make Jeremiah and baruch prisoners, after the had burnt the roll of Jeremiah's prophecy. (Jeremiah 36:26) (B.C. 505.)
(descendants of Jerahmeel), The, the tribe descended from the first of the foregoing persons. (1 Samuel 27:10) They dwelt in the south of Judah.