- Maaseiah used 25 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
The work of Jehovah.
1. One of the Levites whom David appointed as porter for the ark (1 Chronicles 15:18, 20).
2. One of the "captains of hundreds" associated with Jehoiada in restoring king Jehoash to the throne (2 Chronicles 23:1).
3. The "king's son," probably one of the sons of king Ahaz, killed by Zichri in the invasion of Judah by Pekah, king of Israel (2 Chronicles 28:7).
4. One who was sent by king Josiah to repair the temple (2 Chronicles 34:8). He was governor (Heb. sar, rendered elsewhere in the Authorized Version "prince," "chief captain," chief ruler") of Jerusalem.
6. The father of the false prophet Zedekiah (Jeremiah 29:21).
the work of the Lord
2. A captain of hundreds
2 Chronicles 23:1
3. An officer of Uzziah
2 Chronicles 26:11
4. Son of Ahaz, slain by Zichri
2 Chronicles 28:7
5. Governor of Jerusalem
2 Chronicles 34:8
7. A returned exile
8. Father of Azariah
9. One who sealed the covenant
10. A descendant of Pharez
11. A Benjamite
12. Father of a false prophet
13. An officer of the temple
(work of the Lord), the name of four persons who had married foreign wives. In the time of Ezra,
- A descendant of Jeshua the priest. (Ezra 10:18)
- A priest, of the sons of Harim. (Ezra 10:21)
- A priest, of the sons of Pashur. (Ezra 10:22)
- One of the laymen, a descendant of Pahath-moab. (Ezra 10:30)
- The father of Azariah. (Nehemiah 3:23)
- One of those who stood on the right hand of Ezra when he read the law to the people. (Nehemiah 8:4)
- A Levite who assisted on the same occasion. (Nehemiah 8:7)
- One of the heads of the people whose descendants signed the covenant with Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 10:25)
- Son of Baruch the descendant of Pharez the son of Judah, (Nehemiah 11:5)
- A Benjamite, ancestor of Sallu. (Nehemiah 11:7)
- Two priests of this name are mentioned, (Nehemiah 12:41,42) as taking part in the musical service which accompanied the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem under Ezra. One of them is probably the same as No. 6.
- Father of Zephaniah, who was a priest in the reign of Zedekiah. (Jeremiah 21:1; 29:25; 37:3)
- Father of Zedekiah the false prophet. (Jeremiah 29:21)
- One of the Levites of the second rank, appointed by David to sound "with psaltries on Alamoth." (1 Chronicles 15:18,20)
- The son of Adaiah, and one of the captains of hundreds in the reign of Joash king of Judah. (2 Chronicles 23:1)
- An officer of high rank in the reign of Uzziah. (2 Chronicles 26:11) He was probably a Levite, comp- (1 Chronicles 23:4) and engaged in a semi-military capacity.
- The "king's son," killed by Zichri the Ephraimitish hero in the invasion of Judah by Pekah king of Isr'l, during the reign of Ahaz. (2 Chronicles 28:7)
- The governor of Jerusalem in the reign of Josiah. (2 Chronicles 34:8)
- The son of Shallum, a Levite of high rank in the reign of Jehoiakim. (Jeremiah 35:4) comp, 1 Chronicles 9:19
- A priest; ancestor of Baruch and Seraiah, the sons of Neriah. (Jeremiah 32:12; 51:59)