- Mattaniah used 16 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H4983 Used 16 times
Gift of Jehovah.
1. A Levite, son of Heman, the chief of the ninth class of temple singers (1 Chronicles 25:4, 16).
2. A Levite who assisted in purifying the temple at the reformation under Hezekiah (2 Chronicles 29:13).
3. The original name of Zedekiah (q.v.), the last of the kings of Judah (2 Kings 24:17). He was the third son of Josiah, who fell at Megiddo. He succeeded his nephew Jehoiakin.
gift, or hope, of the Lord
1. Original name of Zedekiah, king of Judah
4. Descendant of Asaph, who assisted in purifying the temple
2 Chronicles 29:13
6. A Levite, father of Zaccur
(gift of Jehovah).
- The original name of Zedekiah king of Judah, which was changed when Nebuchadnezzar placed him on the throne. (2 Kings 24:17)
- A Levite singer of the sons of Asaph. (1 Chronicles 9:15) He was leader of the temple choir after its restoration, (Nehemiah 11:17; 12:8) in the time of Nehemiah, and took part in the musical service which accompanied the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem. (Nehemiah 12:25,35)
- A descendant of Asaph, and ancestor of Jahaziel the Levite, in the reign of Jehoshaphat. (2 Chronicles 20:14)
- One of the sons of Elam. (Ezra 10:26)
- One of the sons of Zattu. (Ezra 10:27)
- A descendant of Pahath-moab, (Ezra 10:30) and
- One of the sons of Bani. (Ezra 10:37) who all put away their foreign wives at Ezra's command.
- A Levite, father of Zaccur and ancestor of Hanan the under-treasurer who had charge of the offerings for the Levites in the time of Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 13:13)
- One of the fourteen sons of Heman, whose office it was to blow the horns in the temple service appointed by David. (1 Chronicles 25:4,16)
- A descendant of Asaph the Levite minstrel, who assisted in the purification of the temple in the reign of Hezekiah. (2 Chronicles 29:13)