- Michael used 15 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
Who is like God?
1. The title given to one of the chief angels (Daniel 10:13, 21; 12:1). He had special charge of Israel as a nation. He disputed with Satan (Jude 1:9) about the body of Moses. He is also represented as warning against "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world" (Revelation 12:7-9).
2. The father of Sethur, the spy selected to represent Asher (Numbers 13:13).
3. 1 Chronicles 7:3, a chief of the tribe of Issachar.
4. 1 Chronicles 8:16, a Benjamite.
5. A chief Gadite in Bashan (1 Chronicles 5:13).
6. A Manassite, "a captain of thousands" who joined David at Ziklag (1 Chronicles 12:20).
7. A Gershonite Levite (1 Chronicles 6:40).
8. The father of Omri (1 Chronicles 27:18).
9. One of the sons of king Jehoshaphat (2 Chronicles 21:2, 4). He was murdered by his brother Jehoram.
1. An Asherite
2. Two Gadites
1 Chronicles 5:13-14
3. A Gershonite Levite
1 Chronicles 6:40
4. A descendant of Issachar
1 Chronicles 7:3
5. A Benjamite
1 Chronicles 8:16
6. A captain of the thousands of Manasseh who joined David at Ziklag
1 Chronicles 12:20
7. Father of Omri
1 Chronicles 27:18
8. Son of Jehoshaphat, slain by his brother, Jehoram
2 Chronicles 21:2-4
9. Father of Zebadiah
10. The Archangel:
Contention with the devil
Fights with the dragon
(who is like God?).
- An Asherite, father of Sethur, one of the twelve spies. (Numbers 13:13)
- One of the Gadites who settled in the land of Bashan. (1 Chronicles 5:13)
- Another Gadite, ancestor of Abihail. (1 Chronicles 5:14)
- A Gershionite Levite, ancestor of Asaph. (1 Chronicles 6:40)
- One of the five sons of Izrahiah, of the tribe of Issachar. (1 Chronicles 7:3)
- A Benjamite of the sons of Beriah. (1 Chronicles 8:16)
- One of the captains of the "thousands" of Manasseh who joined David at Ziklag. (1 Chronicles 12:20)
- The father or ancestor of Omri, chief of the tribe of Issachar in the reign of David. (1 Chronicles 27:18)
- One of the sons of Jehoshaphat who were murdered by their elder brother, Jehoram. (2 Chronicles 21:2,4)
- The father or ancestor of Zebadiah, of the sons of Shephatiah. (Ezra 8:8)
- "One," or "the first, of the chief princes" or archangels, (Daniel 10:21) as the "prince" of Isr'l, and in ch. (Daniel 12:1) as "the great prince which standeth" in time conflict "for the children of thy people."
MI'CHAELITE, noun A subvariety of siliceous sinter, found in the isle of St. Michael.
MICH'AELMAS, noun The feast of St. Michael, a festival of the Romish church, celebrated Sept.29; hence,
1. In colloquial language, autumn.