- Rekem used 5 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H7552 Used 5 times
1. One of the five Midianite kings whom the Israelites destroyed (Numbers 31:8).
2. One of the sons of Hebron (1 Chronicles 2:43, 44).
3. A town of Benjamin (Joshua 18:27).
vain pictures; divers picture
2. A son of Hebron
1 Chronicles 2:43-44
3. A city in Benjamin
- One of the five kings or chieftains of Midian slain by the Isr'lites. (Numbers 31:8; Joshua 13:21)
- One of the four sons of Hebron, and father of Shammai. (1 Chronicles 2:43,44)
2. one of the towns of the allotment of Benjamin. (Joshua 18:27) Its existing site is unknown.
3. the title of p, 53, and Mahalath-leannoth, the title of Ps. 88. The meaning of these words is uncertain. The conjecture is that mahalath is a guitar, and that leannoth has reference to the character of the psalm, and might be rendered "to humble or afflict," in which sense the root occurs in ver. 7.
4. a city "in the district near the wilderness" to which our Lord retired with his disciples when threatened with violence by the priests. (John 11:54)