- Shamir used 4 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H8069 Used 4 times
A sharp thorn.
1. One of the sons of Michah (1 Chronicles 24:24).
2. A town among the mountains of Judah (Joshua 15:48); probably Somerah, 2 1/2 miles north-west of Debir.
3. The residence of Tola, one of the judges, on Mount Ephraim (Judges 10:1, 2).
Shamer, prison; bush; lees; thorn
1. A city in the mountains of Judah
2. A city in Mount Ephraim. Home and burial place of Tola, the judge
3. Son of Michah, a Levite
1 Chronicles 24:24
(n point or thorn.)
- A town in the mountain district of Judah. (Joshua 15:48) only. It probably lay some eight or ten miles south of Hebron.
- A place in Mount Ephraim, the residence and burial-place of Tola the judge. (Judges 10:1,2) Perhaps Samur , half-way between Samaria and Jenin .
- A Kohathite, son of Micah or Michal, the first-born of Uzziel. (1 Chronicles 24:24)