- Shammua used 4 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H8051 Used 5 times
1. One of the spies sent out by Moses to search the land (Numbers 13:4). He represented the tribe of Reuben.
3. A Levite under Nehemiah (11:17).
1. The representative of Reuben among the twelve spies sent into Canaan
3. A Levite:
Father of Abda
1 Chronicles 9:16
4. A Priest
- Reubenite spy, son of Zaccur. (Numbers 13:4) (B.C. 1490.)
- Son of David, by his wife Bathsheba. (1 Chronicles 14:4) (B.C. 1045.)
- A Levite, the father of Abda. (Nehemiah 11:17) The same as SHEMAIAH, 6.
- The representative of the priestly family of Bilgah or Bilgai, in the days of Joiakim. (Nehemiah 12:18) (B.C. about 500.)
he that is heard; he that is obeyed
son of David, (2 Samuel 5:14) elsewhere called Shammua and Shimea.