- Shecaniah used twice.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H7935 Used 2 times
One intimate with Jehovah.
1. A priest to whom the tenth lot came forth when David divided the priests (1 Chronicles 24:11).
2. One of the priests who were set "to give to their brethren by courses" of the daily portion (2 Chronicles 31:15).
1. A priest whose sons are mentioned in 1 Chronicles 3:21, 22.
2. Ezra 8:5.
3. Ezra 10:2-4.
4. The father of Shemaiah, who repaired the wall of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 3:29).
5. The father-in-law of Tobiah (Nehemiah 6:18).
6. A priest who returned from the Captivity with Zerubbabel (Nehemiah 12:3; marg., or Shebaniah).
habitation of the Lord
1. A priest of the time of David
1 Chronicles 24:11
2. A priest of the time of Hezekiah
2 Chronicles 31:15