- Tola used 6 times.
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H8439 Used 6 times
A scarlet worm.
1. Eldest son of Issachar (Genesis 46:13).
2. A judge of the tribe of Issachar who "judged" Israel twenty-three years (Judges 10:1, 2), when he died, and was buried in Shamir. He was succeeded by Jair.
worm; grub; scarlet
- The first-born of Issachar and ancestor of the Tolaiters. (Genesis 46:13; Numbers 26:23; 1 Chronicles 7:1,2) (B.C. about 1700.)
- Judge of Isr'l after Abimelech. (Judges 10:1,2) He is described as "the son of Puah the son of Dodo, a man of Issachar." Tola judged Isr'l for twenty-three years at Shamir in Mount Ephraim, where he died and was buried. (B.C. 1206-1183.)
TO'LA, noun In India, a weight for gold and silver, but different in different places.
Productive, a town of Simeon, in the south of Judah (1 Chronicles 4:29).
one of the towns of Simeon, (1 Chronicles 4:29) elsewhere called El-tolad.
the descendants of Tola the son of Issachar. (Numbers 26:23)