- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H1961 Used 1 time
- H4480 Used 3 times
- H5750 Used 2 times
- G1096 Used 4 times
- G1344 Used 0 times
- G1659 Used 0 times
- G2070 Used 1 time
- G2532 Used 1 time
- G2596 Used 0 times
- G3303 Used 2 times
- G3306 Used 0 times
- G5225 Used 13 times
- G5607 Used 37 times
BE'ING, participle present tense [See Be.] Existing in a certain state.
Man, being in honor, abideth not. Psalms 49:12.
BE'ING,noun Existence; as, God is the author of our being
In God we live, and move, and have our being Acts 17:28.
1. A particular state or condition. [This is hardly a different sense.]
2. A person existing; applied to the human race.
3. An immaterial, intelligent existence, or spirit.
Superior beings, when of late they saw.
A mortal man unfold all nature's law--
4. An animal; any living creature.
Animals are such beings, as are endowed with sensation and spontaneous motion.