- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
DOMINION, noun [Latin See Dominant.]
1. Sovereign or supreme authority; the power of governing and controlling.
The dominion of the Most High is an everlasting dominion Daniel 4:3.
2. Power to direct, control, use and dispose of at pleasure; right of possession and use without being accountable; as the private dominion of individuals.
3. Territory under a government; region; country; district governed, or within the limits of the authority of a prince or state; as the British dominions.
4. Government; right of governing. Jamaica is under the dominion of Great Britain.
5. Predominance; ascendant.
6. An order of angels.
Whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers. Colossians 1:16.
7. Persons governed.
Judah was his sanctuary; Israel his dominion Psalms 114:2.
See Man, Dominion of
Man, Dominion of