- live used 247 times.
- lived used 58 times.
- lively used 5 times.
- lives used 28 times.
- livest used 4 times.
- liveth used 96 times.
- living used 147 times.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
1. Brisk; vigorous; vivacious; active; as a lively youth.
2. Gay; airy.
From grave to gay, from lively to severe.
3. Representing life; as a lively imitation of nature.
4. Animated; spirited; as a lively strain of eloquence; a lively description.
5. Strong; energetic; as a lively faith or hope; a lively persuasion.
Lively stones, in scripture. Saints are called lively stones, as being quickened by the Spirit and active in holiness.
1. Briskly; vigorously. [Little used.]
2. With strong resemblance of life.
That part of poetry must needs be best, which describes most lively our actions and passions. [Little used.]