- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H1330 Used 4 times
- H1331 Used 2 times
- H519 Used 5 times
- H5291 Used 5 times
- H5959 Used 2 times
- H8198 Used 12 times
- G2877 Used 2 times
- G3814 Used 2 times
- G3816 Used 1 time
MAID, noun A species of skate fish.
1. An unmarried woman, or a young unmarried woman; a virgin.
2. A female servant.
3. It is used in composition, to express the feminine gender, as in maid-servant.
MA'IDEN, noun A maid; also, an instrument for beheading criminals, and another for washing linen.
MA'IDEN, adjective Pertaining to a young woman or virgin; as maiden charms.
1. Consisting of young women or virgins.
Amid the maiden throng.
2. Fresh; new; unused.
He fleshed his maiden sword.
MA'IDEN, verb intransitive To speak and act demurely or modestly.
MA'IDENHAIR, noun A plant of the genus Adiantum.
1. The state of being a maid or virgin; virginity.
The modest lore of maidenhood
2. Newness; freshness; uncontaminated state.
MA'IDENLIKE, adjective Like a maid; modest.
MA'IDENLINESS, noun The behavior that becomes a maid; modesty; gentleness.
MA'IDENLIP, noun A plant.
MA'IDENLY, adjective Like a maid; gentle; modest; reserved.
MA'IDENLY, adverb In a maidenlike manner.
MA'IDHOOD, noun Virginity.
MAIDMAR'IAN, noun A dance; so called from a buffoon dressed like a man.
MA'IDPALE, adjective Pale, like a sick girl.
MA'ID-SERVANT, noun A female servant.