- neighbor's used once.
- neighbour used 107 times.
- neighbours used 21 times.
- neighbour's used 27 times.
- neighbours' used once.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H4480 Used 5 times
- H5997 Used 8 times
- H7138 Used 2 times
- H7453 Used 94 times
- H7468 Used 2 times
- H7934 Used 5 times
- G4139 Used 15 times
Exodus 20:16; Exodus 23:4-5; Leviticus 6:2-5; Leviticus 19:13; Leviticus 19:16-18; Matthew 19:19; Matthew 22:39; Mark 12:31; Romans 13:9; Galatians 5:14; Deuteronomy 22:1-4; Psalms 15:1-3; Proverbs 3:28-29; Jeremiah 22:13; Isaiah 58:6-14; Zech 8:16-17; Matthew 7:12; Matthew 25:34-46; Luke 10:25-37; Romans 13:10; Romans 15:2; Galatians 6:10; Hebrews 13:3; James 2:8-9
1. One who lives near another. In large towns, a neighbor is one who lives within a few doors. In the country, a neighbor may live at a greater distance; and in new settlements, where the people are thinly scattered over the country, a neighbor may be distant several miles. Such is the use of the word in the United States.
2. One who lives in familiarity with another; a word of civility.
3. An intimate; a confidant.
4. A fellow being. Acts 7:1.
5. One of the human race; any one that needs our help, or to whom we have an opportunity of doing good.
6. A country that is near.
1. A place near; vicinity; the adjoining district or any place not distant. He lives in my neighborhood
2. State of being near each other; as several states in a neighborhood
3. The inhabitants who live in the vicinity of each other. The fire alarmed all the neighborhood
NEIGHBORING, adjective Living or being near; as the neighboring inhabitants; neighboring countries or nations.
NEIGHBORLINESS, noun State or quality of being neighborly.
1. Becoming a neighbor; kind; civil.
Judge if this be neighborly dealing.
2. Cultivating familiar intercourse; interchanging frequent visits; social. Friend, you are not neighborly
NEIGHBORLY, adverb With social civility; as, to live neighborly
NEIGHBORSHIP, noun State of being neighbors. [Not in use.]