- poverty used 15 times.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
POV'ERTY, noun [Latin paupertas. See Poor.]
1. Destitution of property; indigence; want of convenient means of subsistence. The consequence of poverty is dependence.
The drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty Proverbs 23:21.
2. Barrenness of sentiment or ornament; defect; as the poverty of a composition.
3. Want; defect of words; as the poverty of language.