- somewhat used 25 times.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
SOMEWHAT, noun [some and what.]
1. Something, though uncertain what.
2. More or less; a certain quantity or degree, indeterminate. These salts have somewhat of a nitrous taste.
3. A part, greater or less. somewhat of his good sense will suffer in this transfusion, and much of the beauty of his thoughts will be lost.
SOMEWHAT, adverb In some degree or quantity. This is somewhat more or less than was expected; he is somewhat aged; he is somewhat disappointed; somewhat disturbed.