- winged used twice.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H3671 Used 2 times
WINGED, participle passive
1. Furnished with wings; transported by flying.
2. adjective Having wings; as a winged fowl. Genesis 1:21.
3. Swift; rapid; as with winged haste.
4. Wounded; hurt.
5. In botany, furnished with longitudinal membranous appendages, as a winged stalk or stem; or with downy or hairy appendages, as winged seeds.
WINGED petiole, having a thing membrane or border on each side, or dilated on the sides.
WINGED leaf, a pennate leaf; a species of compound leaf, wherein a simple leaf has several leaflets fastened to each side of it.
6. In heraldry, represented with wings, or having wings of a different color from the body.
7. Fanned with wings; swarming with birds.