- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
WOMB, noun Woom. [G.]
1. The uterus or matrix of a female; that part where the young of an animal is conceived and nourished till its birth.
2. The place where any thing is produced.
The womb of earth the genial seed receives.
3. Any large or deep cavity.
WOMB of the morning, in Scripture, the clouds, which distill dew; supposed to be emblematic of the church bringing forth multitudes to Christ. Psalms 110:3.
WOMB, verb transitive To inclose; to breed in secret. [Not in use.]
WOMBAT, noun An animal of New Holland, of the opossum family.
WOMBY, adjective Wommy. Capacious. [Not in use.]