- Hodijah used 5 times.
- First Reference: Nehemiah 8:7
- Last Reference: Nehemiah 10:18
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H1941 Used 5 times
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Majesty of Jehovah.
1. One of the Levites who assisted Ezra in expounding the law (Nehemiah 8:7; 9:5).
2. Nehemiah 10:18, a Levite who sealed the covenant.
Smith's Bible Dictionary
(majesty of Jehovah).
- A Levite in the time of Ezra and Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 8:7) and probably also (Nehemiah 9:5; 10:10) (B.C. 410.)
- Another Levite at the same time. (Nehemiah 10:13)
- A layman; one of the "heads" of the people at the same time. (Nehemiah 10:18)