- Jobab used 9 times.
- First Reference: Genesis 10:29
- Last Reference: 1 Chronicles 8:18
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H3103 Used 9 times
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Dweller in the desert.
1. One of the sons of Joktan, and founder of an Arabian tribe (Genesis 10:29).
2. King of Edom, succeeded Bela (Genesis 36:33, 34).
3. A Canaanitish king (Joshua 11:1) who joined the confederacy against Joshua.
Hitchcock's Names Dictionary
Naves Topical Index
1. Son of Joktan
Genesis 10:29; 1 Chronicles 1:23
2. A king of Edom
Genesis 36:33-34; 1 Chronicles 1:44-45
3. A king of Madon
4. Name of two Benjamites of whom little is known
1 Chronicles 8:9; 1 Chronicles 8:18
Smith's Bible Dictionary
- The last in order of the sons of Joktan. (Genesis 10:29; 1 Chronicles 1:23)
- One of the "kings" of Edom. (Genesis 3:34; 1 Chronicles 1:44; 45)
- King of Madon; one of the northern chieftains who attempted to oppose Joshua's conquest and were routed by him at Meron. (Joshua 11:1) only.
- Head of a Benjamite house. (1 Chronicles 8:9)