- Kore used 4 times.
- First Reference: 1 Chronicles 9:19
- Last Reference: 2 Chronicles 31:14
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
Easton's Bible Dictionary
1. A Levite and temple-warder of the Korahites, the son of Asaph. He was father of Shallum and Meshelemiah, temple-porters (1 Chronicles 9:19; 26:1).
2. A Levitical porter at the east gate of the temple (2 Chronicles 31:14).
3. In 1 Chronicles 26:19 the word should be "Korahites," as in the Revised Version.
Naves Topical Index
1. A Korahite
1 Chronicles 9:19; 1 Chronicles 26:1
2. A Levite, keeper of the East Gate
2 Chronicles 31:14
Smith's Bible Dictionary
- A Korahite, ancestor of Shallum and Meshelemiah, chief porters in the reign of David. (1 Chronicles 9:19; 26:1) (B.C. 1014.)
- Son of Imnah, a Levite in the reign of Hezekiah. He had charge of the offerings. (2 Chronicles 31:14) (B.C. 726.)
- In the Authorized Version of (1 Chronicles 26:19) "the sons of Kore" (following the Vulgate Core) should properly be "the sons of the Korhite."
Webster's 1828 Dictionary
KO'RET, noun A delicious fish of the East Indies.