- First Reference: 1 Chronicles 6:40
- Last Reference: Jeremiah 38:6
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H4441 Used 9 times
1. The head of the fifth division of the priests in the time of David (1 Chronicles 24:9).
2. A priest, the father of Pashur (1 Chronicles 9:12; Jeremiah 38:1).
3. One of the priests appointed as musicians to celebrate the completion of the walls of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 12:42).
4. A priest who stood by Ezra when he "read in the book of the law of God" (Nehemiah 8:4).
5. Nehemiah 3:11.
6. Nehemiah 3:31.
7. Nehemiah 3:14.
Malchijah, the Lord my king, or my counselor
Called also Malchijah.
1. A Gershonite
1 Chronicles 6:40
2. Called Melchiah, an Aaronite
1 Chronicles 9:12; Nehemiah 11:12; Jeremiah 21:1; Jeremiah 38:1
3. Head of a division of priests
1 Chronicles 24:9
4. Name of three exiles
Ezra 10:25; Ezra 10:31
5. A son of Rechab who repaired the Dung Gate of Jerusalem
6. A Jew who helped repair the walls of Jerusalem
7. A Jew who stood by Ezra when he read the book of the law to the people
8. A priest who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
9. A priest appointed to assist in dedicating the walls of Jerusalem