- Pelatiah used 5 times.
- First Reference: 1 Chronicles 3:21
- Last Reference: Ezekiel 11:13
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H6410 Used 5 times
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Deliverance of the Lord.
1. A son of Hananiah and grandson of Zerubbabel (1 Chronicles 3:21).
2. A captain of "the sons of Simeon" (4:42).
3. Nehemiah 10:22.
4. One of the twenty-five princes of the people against whom Ezekiel prophesied on account of their wicked counsel (Ezekiel 11:1-13).
Hitchcock's Names Dictionary
let the Lord deliver; deliverance of the Lord
Naves Topical Index
1. A son of Hananiah, of the family of David
1 Chronicles 3:21
2. A Simeonite who was captain in an expedition against the Amalekites
1 Chronicles 4:42-43
3. One of those who signed the covenant with Nehemiah
4. A prince against whom Ezekiel prophesied, and who fell dead at the close of the prophecy
Smith's Bible Dictionary
(delivered by Jehovah).
- Son of Hananiah the son of Zerubbabel. (1 Chronicles 3:21) (B.C. after 536.)
- One of the captains of the marauding band of Simeonites who in the reign of Hezekiah made an expedition to Mount Seir and smote the Amalekites. (1 Chronicles 4:42) (B.C. about 700.)
- One of the heads of the people, and probably the name of a family who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 10:22) (B.C. about 440.)
- The son of Benaiah. and one of the princes of the people against whom Ezekiel was directed to utter the words of doom recorded in (Ezekiel 11:5-12) (B.C. about 592.)