- Zalmon used twice.
- First Reference: Judges 9:48
- Last Reference: 2 Samuel 23:28
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: Yes
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: No
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H6756 Used 2 times
1. One of David's warriors, called the Ahohite (2 Samuel 23:28); called also Ilai (1 Chronicles 11:29).
2. A wood near Shechem, from which Abimelech and his party brought boughs and "put them to the hold" of Shechem, "and set the hold on fire" (Judges 9:48). Probably the southern peak of Gerizim, now called Jebel Sulman. (See SALMON.)
his shade; his image
1. A hill in Samaria, probably also called Salmon
Judges 9:48; Psalms 68:14
2. One of David's warriors
2 Samuel 23:28
(shady), an Ahohite one of David's guard. (2 Samuel 23:28)
a wooded eminence in the immediate neighborhood of Shechem. (Judges 9:48) The name of Dalmanutha has been supposed to be a corruption of that of Zalmon.
Shady, one of the stations of the Israelites in the wilderness (Numbers 33:41, 42).
the shade; the sound of the number; his image
One of the camping places of Israel.
(shady), a desert station of the Isr'lites, (Numbers 33:41) lies on the east side of Edom.