- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H441 Used 43 times
Title of the princes of the Midianites
DUKE, noun [G., L, to lead; to draw, to tug. Gr.]
1. In Great Britain, one of the highest order of nobility; a title of honor or nobility next below the princes; as the duke of Bedford or of Cornwall.
2. In some countries on the Continent, a sovereign prince, without the title of king; as the duke of Holstein, of Savoy, of Parma, etc.
3. A chief; a prince; as the dukes of Edom. Genesis 36:15.
1. The seignory or possessions of a duke; the territory of a duke.
2. The title or quality of a duke.