- establish used 44 times.
- established used 74 times.
- establisheth used 3 times.
- establishment used once.
- Bible Reference: 2 Chronicles 32:1
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H571 Used 1 time
ESTAB'LISHMENT, noun The act of establishing, founding, ratifying or ordaining.
1. Settlement; ; fixed state.
2. Confirmation; ratification of what has been settled or made.
3. Settled regulation; form; ordinance; system of laws; constitution of government.
Bring in that establishment by which all men should be contained in duty.
4. Fixed or stated allowance for subsistence; income; salary.
His excellency--might gradually lessen your establishment
5. That which is fixed or established; as a permanent military force, a fixed garrison, a local government, an agency, a factory, etc. The king has establishments to support, in the four quarters of the globe.
6. The episcopal form of religion, so called in England.
7. Settlement or final rest.
We set up our hopes and establishment here.