- follow used 86 times.
- followed used 108 times.
- followedst used once.
- followers used 8 times.
- followeth used 15 times.
- following used 43 times.
- First Reference: 1 Corinthians 4:16
- Last Reference: 1 Peter 3:13
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G3402 Used 7 times
1. One who comes, goes or moves after another, in the same course.
2. One that takes another as his guide in doctrines, opinions or example; one who receives the opinions, and imitates the example of another; an adherent; an imitator.
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who, through faith and patience, inherit the promises. Hebrews 6:12.
3. One who obeys, worships and honors.
Be ye followers of God, as dear children. Ephesians 5:1.
4. An adherent; a disciple; one who embraces the same system; as a follower of Plato.
5. An attendant; a companion; an associate or a dependent. The warrior distributed the plunder among his followers.
No follower but a friend.
6. One under the command of another.
7. One of the same faction or party.