- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
FRIEND'LY, adjective frend'ly.
1. Having the temper and disposition of a friend; kind; favorable; disposed to promote the good of another.
Thou to mankind be good and friendly still, and oft return.
2. Disposed to peace.
3. Amicable. We are on friendly terms.
4. Not hostile; as a friendly power or state.
5. Favorable; propitious; salutary; promoting the good of; as a friendly breeze or gale. Excessive rains are not friendly to the ripening fruits. Temperance is friendly to longevity.
FRIEND'LY, adverb frend'ly. In the manner of friends; amicably. [Not much used.]