- principalities used 7 times.
- principality used twice.
- First Reference: Ephesians 1:21
- Last Reference: Colossians 2:10
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G746 Used 2 times
Smith's Bible Dictionary
In several passages of the New Testament the term "principalities and powers" appears to denote different orders of angels,good or bad. See (Ephesians 6:12)
Webster's 1828 Dictionary
1. Sovereignty; supreme power.
2. A prince; one invested with sovereignty. Titus 3:1.
3. The territory of a prince; or the country which gives title to a prince; as the principality of Wales.
4. Superiority; predominance. [Little used.]
5. In Scripture, royal state or attire. Jeremiah 13:1.