- sharp used 25 times.
- sharpen used twice.
- sharpened used 4 times.
- sharpeneth used 3 times.
- sharper used twice.
- sharply used twice.
- sharpness used once.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
1. With a keen edge or a fine point.
2. Severely; rigorously; roughly.
They are to be more sharply chastised and reformed than the rude Irish.
3. Keenly; acutely; vigorously; as the mind and memory sharply exercised.
4. Violently; vehemently.
At the arrival of English embassadors, the soldiers were sharply assailed with wants. Hayward.
5. With keen perception; exactly; minutely.
You contract your eye, when you would see sharply. Bacon.
6. Acutely; wittily; with nice discernment.