Greek - English Dictionary
G2424 - Jesus
|Word Origin:||Of Hebrew origin [H3091]|
|Part of Speech:||Noun Masculine|
Jesus (that is Jehoshua) the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites
Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"
1. Jesus, the Son of God, the Saviour of mankind, God incarnate
2. Jesus Barabbas was the captive robber whom the Jews begged Pilate to release instead of Christ
3. Joshua was the famous captain of the Israelites, Moses' successor (Ac. 7:45, Heb. 4:
4. Jesus, son of Eliezer, one of the ancestors of Christ (Lu. 3:
5. Jesus, surnamed Justus, a Jewish Christian, an associate with Paul in the preaching of the gospel (Col. 4:
him ( 1 )
Jesus ( 964 )
by James Strong (S.T.D.) (LL.D.) 1890.